· a BS in Mechanical or automotive engineering or have equivalent work experience.
· 3 or more years work experience. Automotive aftermarket or enthusiast segment preferred.
· detail oriented.
· experience with common Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
· CAD experience. Solidworks preferred. Both making models and creating drawings to ANSI Y14.5
· an understanding of manufacturing methods, post processing and material science.
· proficient at working on cars and have the ability to successfully disassemble/reassemble them.
· goal-oriented and are able to focus efforts on achieving high-quality results.
· an effective communicator and are passionate about Teamwork. A good deal of your work will be collaborating with other disciplines and projects to achieve the best overall product.
· work with integrity, honesty and respect… doing the right thing even when no one else is looking. Your actions work to build relationships and trust within the teams, to customers and to the broader aftermarket community.
· self-motivated and aim to solve issues before they turn in to problems.
· an aptitude to learn new things.
Preferred but not mandatory
· Project management experience.
· Experience working for a start-up/small company’s engineering department.
· Specialty and experience in one or more areas such as suspension systems, intakes, exhaust, heat exchangers, ignition, etc.
· benefits including medical, dental, vision, company paid life, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, 401k contributions.
The work environment
· Is a combination of office and shop work.
· Requires the ability to work at a desk for extended periods sitting/standing.
· Requires installing/fitting the products you designed to vehicles, then reassembling the vehicle after the fit-up. This may be in the shop or in the field.
· Requires field-testing products.
· Requires repetitive physical and/or mental activities including bending, pushing, pulling, and movement in small spaces.
· Requires ability to lift 35 lbs.
· Requires the ability to visit vendors, trade shows, events travel to other PerTronix Group facilities, and participate in product test trips.